We are part of the AOG Network of 600 churches located throughout the UK, which is an apostolically-led, relationally-connected and missionally-focused Pentecostal movement.
We are part of a movement who believes that every individual can and should have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the opportunity to be part of a local, vibrant church. We seek to build churches that are relevant to people of all ages – many of our churches attract a large number of young people. In our local expression of church and our corporate identity as a whole, we are committed to transforming communities by reaching out to all individuals regardless of age, race or gender.
What We Believe
The Mission statement of AOG(UK) is to “Give every man, woman and child the opportunity of understanding the gospel and to provide a church where they can grow in ministry for the glory of God.”
- The Bible is the world’s best-selling book of all time. We believe it is the Word of God. It is total truth and provides us with principles for every area of life.
- We believe in One True God. We believe He is alive and wants to have a personal relationship with us. He co-exists in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. While He lived on earth He performed supernatural miracles. He died to take away the sins of the world. He was crucified on a cross, buried in a tomb, was resurrected from the dead and He ascended into heaven. We believe He will return to earth a second time in the future.
- We believe man has sinned against God. Adam and Eve were the first humans and were created pure but willfully broke God’s laws. As a result all of us have sinned and need forgiveness.
- We believe there is salvation only through faith in Jesus Christ. He died on the cross that our sins may be forgiven. He was buried and after three days He was raised from the dead. Sin and death could not defeat Him.
- We believe you must be born again to go to heaven. When you put your trust in Jesus and believe in what He did for you, the Holy Spirit changes you on the inside.
- We believe in water baptism, not by sprinkling water on your head but by being fully immersed in water. In this way we follow Jesus’ example.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit baptism. The evidence of the Holy Spirit baptism is the supernatural ability to speak in tongues – a language we have not learned or have known.
- We believe the Holy Spirit gives us special gifts. He empowers us and gives us the ability to do what Jesus did here on earth.
- We believe we should live holy lives. Through obedience to the principles and teachings in the Bible we can live lives that please God.
- We believe in supernatural healing. We pray for the sick because we believe God still works miracles today.
- We believe that everyone who has become a Christian should remember Him by regularly participating in communion.
- We believe in eternal life and judgement. Those who have committed their lives to following Jesus will spend eternity with Him in heaven. However those who have not will be punished for their sins.
The Assemblies of God aims to serve the people of Great Britain through its network of around 600 local churches. These churches may vary in style and size, but all are committed to connecting people to Jesus through a variety of ministries. Many have comprehensive children’s, youth and young adults’ ministries as well as teaching, training and community ministries.
We are committed to reaching out to people of all ages and from all walks of life including those who are often marginalised by society like young offenders, prostitutes, the homeless, the elderly and the disabled. We also believe in showing God’s love to people in practical ways, whether through food banks for people in desperate need, or debt counselling and rehabilitation centres, for example.
In addition to helping those in our local communities, we are passionate about issues that affect our wider world, such as sex trafficking, child slavery, poverty and injustice. We provide a variety of short-term mission opportunities supporting and developing projects overseas, all of which aim to demonstrate God’s love for His people.
As a movement that is constantly growing, we seek to plant churches both at home and abroad, and we provide comprehensive training for our ministers through our connections with bible colleges worldwide, and through our own college, Mattersey Hall, which is based in Doncaster.
If you would like to know more about any of the above, please visit the AOG website.
We are also part of the Exeter Evangelical Partnership and Churches Together in Westexe.